The SpeakJet is a completely self-contained, single-chip voice and complex sound synthesizer. It uses a mathematical sound algorithm to control an internal five channel sound synthesizer to generate on-the-fly, unlimited vocabulary speech synthesis and complex sounds.
The SpeakJet is pre-configured with 72 speech elements (allophones), 43 sound effects, and 12 DTMF Touch Tones. Through the selection of these sounds, and in combination with the control of the pitch, rate, bend, and volume parameters, the user has the ability to produce unlimited phrases and sound effects, with thousands of variations, at any time.
The SpeakJet can be controlled simultaneously by logic changes on any one of its eight Event Input lines, and by a single I/O serial line, allowing for both CPU-controlled and stand-along operations.
- Programmable, 5-channel synthesizer
- Natural phonetic speech synthesis
- DTMF and other sound effects.
- Programmable control of pitch, rate, bend and volume.
- Programmable power – up or reset announcements.
- Multiple modes of operation.
- Simple interface to microcontrollers.
- Simple “Stand Alone” operation.
- Three programmable digital outputs.
- Internal 64 Byte input buffer.
- Internal programmable EEPROM.
- Extremely low power consumption.
- Low pin count.
- Multiple case styles available.
- User’s Guide
- SpeakJet Dictionary
- Phrase-A-Lator Demonstration Software
- SpeakJet Homepage
- Listen in MP3 Format as SpeakJet Introduces Itself
There are no reviews yet.