What is Makey Makey?
Turn the whole world into a keyboard! It’s a simple Invention Kit for Beginners or Experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between.
How Does it Work?
Alligator Clip two objects to the Makey Makey. For example, you and a banana (or an ice cube, or a kitty cat). When you touch the banana, the computer just thinks a keyboard key is being pressed, so you can type a letter, jump in a video game, take a picture, or play some music.
Who is Makey Makey For?
Kids, Artists, Educators, Engineers, Inventors, Makers. Really it is for everyone.
What materials work with Makey Makey?
Ketchup, Pencil Graphite, Plants, Pets, Really any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity.
What can I create?
Make a banana piano, play Mario on a play dough game pad, take a selfie of your cat every time she drinks water.
- Stem fun for all : No matter if your child is a budding engineer, computer wiz, or amateur inventor, JoyLabz invention kit will bring out their creativity in unique and fun ways. With thousands of possibilities to build, interact, and inspire, Makey Makey is the perfect science gift for ages 8 and up!
- Easy setup: Just plug, clip, and play! No programming knowledge needed or cumbersome software installation. With set up in seconds, your kid can dive right into inventing, whether at home or in the classroom. No software to install. Works with Mac, Windows, and Chromebook.
- Connect to the world: Turn bananas into touchpads! Craft your own video game controller! Make musical circuits with items around the house! Makey Makey extends beyond the screen and brings engineering and coding concepts to life in exciting new ways.
- 1000s OF Possibilities: A boredom buster. If you can imagine it, you can make it! Unlike other electronic toys, the possibilities for experiments and creations are limitless.
- 1000s of Projects & Lesson Plans can be found at Makeymakey.com