The Motor Shield is a platform for robotics and mechanical applications based on L298N. It can be used to drive 2 DC motor or a 4-wire stepper. When controlling 2 DC motor, Only 4 control pins were needed, which makes this shield easier to control, and saves the control pins of controller. The Drive current can be up to 2A per motor output because of the heat sink added. you can measure the driver current with the added resistance, which would makes your control system more smart.
- Reduced control pins needed
- Measurement for drive current
- Dual high-power H-bridge driver
- The logic control voltage: 4.5~5.5V
- Motor Supply Voltage: 6~15V
- Max Drive current: 2A
- Maximum power dissipation: 25W (T = 75 degree Celsius)
- Operating temperature: -25 degree Celsius ~ +130 degree Celsius
- Output Duty range: 0%~100%
The heat sink may becomes hot when working with drive current more than 1 A. Do not touching the heat sink to avoid scalding.