74LS04 contains six independent gates each of which performs the logic INVERT function. The output signals of the six inverters are opposite to the input signals. The inverter can reverse the phase of the input signal by 180 degrees. This circuit is used in analog circuits, such as audio amplifier, clock oscillator, etc. Inverter is often used in electronic circuit design.
74LS04 Features and Specifications
- Supply voltage range: +4.75V to +5.25V
- Maximum supply voltage: +7V
- Maximum current allowed to draw through each gate output: 8mA
- Totally lead free
- TTL outputs
- MaximumRise Time: 15ns
- Maximum Fall Time: 15ns
- Operating temperature:0°C to 70 °C
Where to Use 74LS04 IC?
Here are few cases where 74LS04 is used.
1. The chip is basically used where a logic inverter is needed. Inverter Gates in this chip provide output which is negated logic input. The chip has six gates which do NOT operation.
2. When you want TTL outputs. The gates in this chip provide TTL logic outputs which are a must in some applications.
3. 74LS04 is a low cost chip available in market and so it is used when application cost is low.
- General purpose logic
- Memory units
- PCs and notebooks
- Digital Electronics
- Digital systems